Celebrate Chocolate Milkshake Day with This Healthy Smoothie Instead
We'll be the first to 'fess up to having a sweet tooth, which is why we're more than happy to celebrate Chocolate Milkshake Day today. If you're looking for a healthier alternative, however, we found a yummy option from our go-to holistic nutritionist, Kelly Leveque of Be Well by Kelly. Check out her Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Smoothie recipe below (which includes all four of her must-have healthy smoothie ingredients!), then visit her website for even more good-for-you recipes here.
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt #BeWellSmoothie
- 1 Serving Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Fiber (Chia or Flax Seeds to thicken)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink or Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cacao Nibs
- 2 cups Nut Milk (your choice ….we used almond)
- Blend all the ingredients together except ice.
- Add ice and blend to cool.