This LA Hairstylist Took Fishtail Braids To A Whole New Level
A photo posted by Los Angeles | NYC Hairstylist (@anhcotran) on Dec 25, 2016 at 2:36pm PST
From punk-inspired pierced 'dos to dye jobs inspired by everything from watermelons and rainbows, we thought we'd seen it all this year (in the hair world or otherwise). However, 2016 is not yet over — and one celebrity hairstylist just dreamed up one of the coolest mane mashups we've seen this year.
Enter the chignon-meets-fishtail braid by Anh Co Tran, co-founder of star-faved salon Ramirez Tran Salon. The bicoastal hairstylist shared a photo of unique creation on Instagram yesterday and — lucky for us! — a full tutorial on how to create it at home.
Below, check out the entire how-to (we can't wait to try it ourselves!), then keep scrolling to shop the products he used.
Anh Co Tran's Chignon x Fishtail Hairstyle
1. Prep hair with some Crêpage De Chignon ($26) from L'Oréal Pro to give the hair some grit. Dirty hair makes up style easier.
2. Gather hair into a low ponytails. Keep this look soft and romantic when pony tailing. Then secure the end with a rubber band.
3. Wrap some hair over the ponytail part go cover the rubber band.
4. Then split the ponytail into 2 bundles. Start taking a piece of hair from the outside and cross it to the other side and join it to that bundle.
4. Repeat this process until all the hair is braided.
5. Once you have reach the end. Pull out some of the hair to give it more of a casual look. Back comb the end of the braid and apply some Infinium hairspray for an overall hold.
6. Starts twisting the braid counterclockwise towards the nape and leave the ends out. Remember to crisscross the when securing it with bobby pins.
7. Leave the ends out from the chignon to give it a modern twist. Spray a little bit of Infinium 4 ($26) to seal the look!
Voila! Will you be trying this chic new hairstyle? Let us know in the comments!