I’m Horrible At Taking Vitamins, But This Brand Makes It Easy
I hate to admit it, but I've always been the type of person who will pop an Advil on the reg, but ultimately forget to take her vitamins. (Priorities, am I right?) The amount of money I’ve wasted over the years on supplements is a little ridiculous. In fact, you'll still find them in my medicine cabinet—expired and untouched.
So it should come as no surprise that my resolution for 2018 was to start taking daily vitamins. But I wasn’t about to waste money again. Instead, I needed to find an option that fits into my busy schedule and holds me accountable.
That’s when I stumbled upon a new brand called Care/Of, which has since proven to be a perfect fit for someone like me. Instead of pill bottles, the vitamins come together in separate personalized packs. I love how I can throw a few days worth in my purse, and pop them on-the-go. Even better? Through their app, you can set an alert on your phone as a reminder. No more excuses!
To start, you’ll be asked to take a quiz. The questions take no more than 5 minutes and include everything from your diet, lifestyle, and health concerns. From there, Care/Of provides a list of vitamins and supplements recommended for you, along with the dosages and research info. If you need to switch up what’s in your pack, you’re able to adjust it online before the next monthly shipment. I mean, how cute are these?!
Based on my answers, here’s what I’m currently taking:
- Astaxanthin to help with skin health and memory (basically, I want to be a hot, old bitch who remembers things.) Fun fact: This antioxidant is derived from marine micro-algae, and it's what gives salmon and shrimp their coral color
- Fish Oil for heart health because high-cholesterol runs in my family
- Magnesium to help me sleep better. Also, “people who drink a lot of alcohol”can have a deficiency (even though I've convinced myself that red wine is good for my mind, body, and soul.)
- Garlic for my immune system, and also for heart health
- Vitamin D for bone health
- Ashwagandha is the herbal version of a "chill pill". NEED I SAY MORE?!
As for pricing, it all depends on how many/what supplements you choose. To give you an idea, I pay $47 a month for 30 packs with six supplements inside. It's more cost-efficient than if you bought them in separate bottles at the store. Plus, you’re getting personalized, high-quality ingredients at the click of a button.
Click here to take the quiz, even if it’s just to get an idea of what Care/Of offers. Trust me; it’s worth it!
Disclaimer: Just in case, check with your doctor before you order. I ran my list past mine, and he gave me the go! It always helps to get a second opinion.